Vice President IT
Vice President IT
Next to getting the opportunity to have a massive positive impact on the future of mobility within your role, you also get the chance to work for a company with a true and ambitious mission: Lightyear developed a solar powered, 4 person, road legal car. In 2016 they started with 5 visionaries. Meanwhile, in mid-2019, Lightyear consists of nearly 150 employees and still counting.
The company believes more information always leads to better decisions. As the Chief Information Officer of Lightyear, it will be your responsibility to ensure there is one single source of truth, that is continuously up-to-date and intuitively accessible to everyone. Besides that, it will be your responsibility to make people aware of the possibilities to automate, to work as efficient and effective as possible. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the strategy and management of the applications and infrastructure. This also includes managing and initiating projects that are developed in-house. You will report and discuss these bottlenecks with your team of six and swiftly take action with the goal to let the information flow, freely, correctly and with high quality.
To succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear, pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial!
Your daily tasks
You will become part of the business circle responsible for all organization aspects (HR, Facilities, Legal, Organization Development and Business Processes). You understand how IT contributes to these domains and you like to explain your thoughts and ideas to ‘non IT-minded’ colleagues. You shall partner with key stakeholders including the Organization Team and System Architects to assess, optimize and communicate the company’s long term systems and technology roadmap. You will facilitate the IT services and infrastructure throughout the company, you have full responsibility for the technical support of all the systems and infrastructure.
- Develop an annual IT operating plan with a clear vision and objectives for IT enabled capabilities that support current and future business innovation aligned to the corporate goals and objectives.
- Evaluate and understand current IT systems and architecture and define needs for change or the ability of current systems to act as platform for future changes
- Develop/monitor IT performance by measuring and communicating KPI’s and operational performance metrics that link directly to the annual operating plan commitments. For this setup and lead IT project teams to ensure on time, on budget, on scope delivery of planned commitments.
- Establish and lead ongoing business review processes to provide high transparency to performance against agreed objectives for the IT function. Communicate and manage the balance of ongoing technology risks and opportunities to optimize business performance in the context of operational and strategic objectives.
- Lead vendor relationships and contracting with all IT suppliers in order to optimize costs, quality and performance against established objectives.
- Lead implementation plans for new IT systems and integration with existing systems. Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to staff.
Competences and skills
The CIO we are looking for has experience in designing and developing an IT organization within a start-up or scale-up organization and is used to work in this complex and rapidly changing environment. Someone with an ambitious attitude who is especially open to transforming new developments or ideas into the "tried and tested" of the future! You are also someone with a high sense of responsibility and a cooperative attitude. You have excellent communication skills in order to build and maintain relationships at all levels within the organization as well as externally with partners and potential partners. You are an absolute pro-active, self-starter, independence is key!
Furthermore, you'll bring:
• A Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
• 10+ years progressive senior level IT role developing IT strategies and implementing infrastructure solutions
• Demonstrated ability to create innovative approaches to solving challenging problems
• Demonstrated ability to create a software mindset within a hightech company
• Strategic capabilities with a strong financial bottom line orientation, data analytics for providing meaningful information
• Experience with Software Development
• Knowledge on software systems (ERP / MRP / PLM / document management)
• Preferably have a good knowledge of the Dutch language
What we offer
High level of autonomy, freedom and independence to explore! As CIO for Lightyear you will work in a multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people with a broad diversity of experience. In addition to a challenging role as Chief Information Officer, we also offer:
- An interesting and balanced pension
- An interesting share plan to really become part of Lightyear
- 40 vacation days per year
For more information about the position and for questions about the procedure, please contact Ed Bekkers of Hupp Recruitment, via email@example.com or 013-3034117.
Hupp supports Lightyear with filling in this vacancy.